Saturday 25 January 2014

A Fridge, Two Elves and a Teapot with a Blue Elephant on its Lid.

My stories are being read by more and more children and so I have decided to write this one just for them. It has not been easy as children demand accuracy and, if I was to allow it, my recollection of events would become easily tainted by other thoughts. I am confident that this remains a true story and, as my grandchildren were with me at the time, they will confirm its accuracy.
Someone who was definitely not with me at the time was William Shakespeare and he would not be amused as I have taken the liberty to replace some of the characters in his play ‘A Midsummer’s Nights’ Dream’ with a fridge, two elves and a teapot with a blue elephant on its lid. As an added precaution, and to protect myself from any threat of plagiarism, I have added a mobility scooter and a railway trolley for good measure. Needless to say, his central theme of true love remains intact - for those of us who love a good cup of tea, at least!


So, let the adventure begin and it starts, as all good adventures do, with a journey.

This is my preface to "A Fridge, Two Elves and a Teapot with a Blue Elephant on its Lid" - written for children of all ages - as they say!! Like the British weather - it is infinitely changeable!


No comments:

Post a Comment